AGD ANDANTE Preamplifier
The AGD Andante is the perfect companion for the Vivace or The Audion GaNTube Monoblocks. Crafted with the same care and dedication as all AGD products, the Andante is a superior musical preamplifier that combines all the best of the analog and the digital technology available today.
The AGD Andante is a fully balanced analog design with four analog inputs and three analog outputs. The phono stage input is configurable for MC or MM cartridges. All analog circuits are fully shielded and separated from Digital Boards. A set of dedicated ultra-low noise LDO supply stage and high-dynamic low noise professional grade instrumentation amplifiers complete the output buffer stage.
The volume control is completely passive, with high precision resistors in a 256 steps ladder attenuator configuration. The Andante has full HD Streaming Capability (DLNA, UPNP, AirPlay, ROON) via Ethernet port, and has full AptX-Bluetooth compliance functionality.
With a state of the art USB module, based on the latest XMOS chipset that can decode any audio format available today (from MP3 to DSD512), and its professional grade 32bit-384kHz R2R DAC with DSP functions, the AGD “ANDANTE” is a complete audiophile Analog and Digital Reference Preamplifier that delivers unique set of features capable to meet the utmost musical standards of any demanding audiophile.
AGD ANDANTE : PRE-DAC Streamer with Analog Inputs
- Hi-End Preamplifier with 32bit R2R DAC and Streaming function.
- Ultra Low noise – Hi-Res MM/MC Phono stage input.
- Four High-Level analog inputs and three analog outputs (1 Balanced and 2 Single Ended).
- Volume Control with complete passive attenuator with high precision resistors (256 steps).
- Full HD Streaming Capability (DNLA, UPNP, AirPlay, ROON).
- AptX Bluetooth Wireless capability.
- LAN (Ethernet Port) for streaming only.
PHONO STAGE INPUT
The AGD ANDANTE Phono stage input is configurable via menu for Moving Coil or Moving Magnet cartridges.
- Analog design fully shielded and separated from Digital Boards to allow for the lowest possible noise and prevent any undesired interference.
- Dedicated ultra-low noise LDO supply stage.
- High Dynamic low noise professional grade instrumentational amplifier stages.
- Fully balanced design.
- THE AGD ANDATE USB module is based on the latest XMOS chipset and can decode any format available and specifically MP3, WMA, MPEG-4 AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, DSD.
- Sampling frequencies: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 352.8kHz, 384kHz, 705.6kHz and 768kHz
16-, 24- and 32-bit resolution, DSD Audio over PCM frames. DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256
- DSD Native DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 and DSD512 on Linux and Windows, using Thesycon audio driver.
- No drivers needed for MAC OS version 10.6.4 and above.
- ASIO/KS/WASAPI/Direct Sound drivers are needed for Windows XP to 10 (32 and 64 bit).
- Licensed XMOS USB Audio 2.0 Stereo Driver downloadable from 3rd party link: www.JLSounds.com
AGD ANDANTE as HD AUDIO Renderer
- THE AGD ANDANTE streaming function is available via Ethernet port (LAN).
- When LAN input is selected the AGD ANDANTE acts as HD Render for all compatible music management services.
- In streaming mode all audio formats are recognized with resolution up to 192Khz-24bit.
- Music services as Quboz, Tidal and others are fully compatible with the ANDANTE streaming functionality.
- As optimal music management platform we recommend the following applications:
- ROON (via AirPlay)
- AirPlay (iTunes iOS)
- BUBBLEUPNP (available for Adroid and Windows OS).
AGD ANDANTE Technical Specifications
|Line Analog Inputs|
|Audio Formats||MP3, WMA, MPEG-4 AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, DSD|
|Streaming Functionality||DNLA, UPnP, ROON, AirPlay (via LAN port)|
|Net Dimension||11”x 11”x 3.5” (280 x 280 x 90mm)|
|Trigger Output||12V, 0.1A DC (Custom Request)|
|Flight Case Dimension||22”x 18”x 10” (560 x 457 x 254mm)|
|Input voltage||Universal (110-240V, 50-60Hz)|